Re: [opensuse-kernel] Current kernel in Factory does not boot - master works
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:41:36 +0100
On 23.2.2010 15:16, Jeff Mahoney wrote:
On 02/23/2010 04:00 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
The current kernel in openSUSE Factory (rc7 based) does not boot on my
laptop,
it fails very early in the boot sequence.

Updating to kernel head instead works for me. I propose to submit a new
kernel to openSUSE:Factory asap.

FYI: I see Kernel panic: Fatal exception in interrupt - and the rest is
scrolled out of the screen and therefore not readable.

This is on my Thinkpad x86-64 laptop with kernel-desktop,

Ideally I'd like to see Kernel:HEAD pushed to Factory every time we have
a successful build across all arches and flavors. Right now I'm not sure
how do automate that.

If we give up on ppc (and ia64 and s390), a check if the Kernel:HEAD obs
project builds OK should be easy to do.

Michal