Re: [opensuse-kernel] USB HUB reset within FTDI_SIO is needed
  • From: Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:22:36 -0800
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 07:11:27AM +0100, H?rsszegi Tibor wrote:
Hi,

Why not send these fixes to the upstream developers so you do not have
to constantly rebuild things for new kernels? That's the best way to
resolve this issue.
I would hardly call these fixes. We just a find a way to vanish/handle
our problem. However what we are unsure about is whether our fixes
"fine" enough (i.e. they integrate into the kernel infrastructure
"well"), or is there any other way to do it better (that is why I
was thinking about the USBDEVFS_RESET ioctl()).

How about sending your patches to the linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing
list and we can discuss it there? That's the proper place for this.

thanks,

greg k-h