Re: [opensuse-kernel] kernel-docs package
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:47:18 +0100
Jeff Mahoney napsal(a):
I wonder if there are ways that we can creatively work on dependent
builds. The kernel binaries should be dependent on kernel-source as
well,

Why?

and mbuild is the only reason they're not. The build service can
handle it. People using rpmbuild can use it. It's mbuild that's the issue.

But is it practical then? I mean to build a kernel, you just build a
kernel-$flavor.spec. If you make kernel-$flavor.spec dependent on
kernel-source, then you always have to first build kernel-source.spec
(which spends good amount of time in rpmlint), and what's worse, if you
forget this step, then the next build will pick up whatever
kernel-source package is in the repository. If it's the duplication
between kernel-source.spec and kernel-$flavor.spec that bothers you,
then it's IMO easier to factor out the source unpacking and patching to
a separate script.

Michal