Re: [opensuse-kernel] Re: Fwd: OBS HEAD kernel-desktop
  • From: Jiri Kosina <jkosina@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:44:52 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, Greg KH wrote:

There's a problem with builtin hid-ntrig in kernel-desktop : the
hid-ntrig is
NOT working (stylus button do NOT work) : it would be a great idea NOT to
embed hid-ntrig in the kernel, and to include it only as a module, until
developments evolutes enough to get a correct basic support.

Actually, there's no way to get it work except recompiling the whole kernel
without builtin hid-ntrig ...

So just pick one hid device as a module? Sure, I don't object to doing
that if it fixes problems for people.

What specific config option should be changed?

Apparently we are having CONFIG_HID_*=y for -desktop flavour. I think it
might be good idea to change it back to =m, to be in sync with other
flavours, vanilla defaults, etc.

Daniel, could you please report the problems you are having with hid-ntrig
upstream? That would mean sending the description of the misbehavior of
the driver to

Rafi Rubin <rafi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Stephane Chatty <chatty@xxxxxxx>
Jiri Kosina <jkosina@xxxxxxx>