Re: [opensuse-kernel] Y here, M there
  • From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 14:44:13 -0400

Andreas Jaeger wrote:
Reading the discussion, Jan mentioned "I don't have sound on my server".
AFAIK we have the -pae and the -desktop kernels on i586. The -pae is the
server kernel - the -desktop is the one that we want for fast booting etc.

Do we have documented in the wiki or the kernel-source package the kernel
flavours and what differences they should have?

That's a really good point. I branched the desktop kernel after Greg did
the Moblin changes. We can probably back off a few of the Moblin
configuration things on the pae flavor now.

I'll take a look this week.

- -Jeff

- --
Jeff Mahoney