Re: [opensuse-kernel] kernel & BIOS report (incorrectly?) differentcurrent/available speeds for overclocked CPU
  • From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 15:05:52 -0400

Jan Beulich wrote:
Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx> 03.08.09 16:33 >>>
The thing is that the non-CnQ mode is reported as 3.7 GHz. I don't know
enough about CnQ to know why that is - but values outside of the
original tables are getting reported if we're seeing the 3.7 GHz there.

What "original tables" are you referring to? The 3.7 GHz is a measured
value, not one read from any tables. All the frequencies the powernow
driver reports are table derived (and hence susceptible to BIOS issues).

The ACPI tables you mentioned in your previous post. Maybe I misunderstood.

- -Jeff

- --
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs