Re: [opensuse-kernel] Mainline submissions
  • From: Jan Blunck <jblunck@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 15:03:44 +0200
Am 04.04.2009 um 14:44 schrieb Gerald Pfeifer <gp@xxxxxxxxxx>:

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Jeff Mahoney wrote:
[perfmon]
I'm fine keeping them in git as an old revision. If we want the patches
back, we can go back and pull them out of it. Anyone have any objections
to just killing them for 11.2?

I believe removing those perfmon patches for 11.2 is the right approach;
though it would be good to support the upstream perfmon work of course.

As for LLTNG, shouldn't this also be focused upstream? Or is there any
benefit of keeping these in our 11.2 kernels?

Well it is focused on upstream. I'll prepare the patches for a probably 11.2 based kernel. To gather feedback and real life testing I want to keep them in and enabled for the trace flavor.

Gerald
--
Dr. Gerald Pfeifer E gp@xxxxxxxxxx SUSE Linux Products GmbH
Director Product Management T +49(911)74053-0 HRB 16746 (AG Nuremberg)