Re: [opensuse-kernel] How to let kernel find onboard wireless-card?
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 14:11:36 +0200
Oddball schreef:

Hi,

I am testing/using kernel 2.6.29-56 from Kernel:HEAD repo, which is
working fine, and very quick with my eee-pc-901.
However, with this kernel no hw-info is available for the rt2860 wifi
card, so it is not there to configure and use.

The other kernel which came with 11.1: 2.6.27.19- 3.2-pae, does find the
card, and it is useble.
How will i be able to get the card detected by the 2.6.29-56 kernel?

It seems that a kernel module is needed: rt2860sta-kmp-default.
This module is not in the repos.

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/11316859/com/rt2860sta-kmp-default-1.8.0.0_2.6.25.5_1.1-31.1.i586.rpm.html

has one for older kernel, but that rpm cannot be installed.
Is there any hope this module will return, and be maintained?
Or standard be inside the kernel modules list, or whatever?

Is it possible to get the source rpm to work, when compiled here on the
2.6.29-56 kernel, or would it fail?

--

Have a nice day ;)

Oddball aka M9.