[opensuse-kernel] Mainline submissions
  • From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:15:42 -0400

Hey all -

With 2.6.29 released last week, the maintenance window for 2.6.30 is
open. While we eliminated a *lot* of patches between 2.6.27 and 2.6.29,
we're still carrying around more than 350 patches. Some of them are
needed for our build infrastructure and we'll be carrying those around
forever. A lot of them are for things like Xen, swap over nfs, lttng,
and perfmon. While I'd like those to go upstream, I'm not holding my
breath. I see things like multipath extensions/fixes, driver fixes, acpi
quirks, etc that should all definitely be upstream.

So, please take a few minutes and check out which patches you own and
can be submitted.

- -Jeff

- --
Jeff Mahoney