Re: [opensuse-kernel] Re: where to find vboxdrv for kernel 2.6.28?
  • From: Rafał Miłecki <zajec5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:50:09 +0100
2009/3/11 Ralph Ulrich <eulenreich@xxxxxx>:
Rafa? Mi?ecki Sonntag, 8. März 2009 22:01:
You can manually install Virtualbox (not using packages) and then call
/etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup

I found the kernel source for the modules from ubuntu. But why there is
nothing at the openSUSE repositories?

Shortly there was a brainstorming in Prague about why openSUSE for Linux
beginners is good while advanced people are leaving openSUSE.
I think this was such an example again ... :-(

I would like to inform the maintainer of the repo
Virtualization:/VirtualBox/openSUSE_11.1/
Do you know how to get in contakt ?

There is no way to prepare kernel modules for every available kernel
ABI. That's the problem that makes you compile module kernel yourself.

$ wget
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Virtualization:/VirtualBox/openSUSE_11.1/x86_64/virtualbox-ose-2.1.4-8.2.x86_64.rpm
$ rpm -q -p virtualbox-ose-2.1.4-8.2.x86_64.rpm --changelog | grep "@"
| head -n 5