Re: [opensuse-kernel] Kernel module creation for >=11.1
  • From: Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 15:46:06 -0800
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 12:42:07AM +0100, Ruediger Oertel wrote:
On Wednesday 12 November 2008 23:40:57 Andrew Wafaa wrote:
On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:14:54 -0800
Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I can't say exactly what is missing but all I know is I need the
following packaged as KMPs since 10.3 and I have tried without in
11.1Beta4 and failed:

ACPI - The current package by Oliver Beng on the Build service

This should no longer be needed, as it already is in the opensuse 11.1
kernel package by default, as it is part of mainline already.

diff-ing that one against the in-kernel asus_acpi shows that it does not
much with the original module except for the name and basic infrastructure.
1459 asus_acpi.c (from kernel)
1907 asus_acpi.c (hacked up for eeecp)
diff: 675 lines ...

So maybe it actually works properly? :)

Context is needed as to what is missing in the in-kernel driver to
require an external one.

greg k-h