Re: [opensuse-kernel] Kernel module creation for >=11.1
  • From: Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:20:34 -0800
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:20:25AM +0000, Andrew Wafaa wrote:
Morning all,

Could someone confirm the correct method for building kernel modules
for >=11.1 ?

I need to create KMPs for the ASUS eeePC netbooks, for ACPI and other
hardware specifics.

You do? Can you let me know exactly what is missing in our 11.1 kernel
for this kind of hardware so that I can see about adding it to the main
tree (as well as the upstream kernel tree at the same time)?

thanks,

greg k-h