Re: [opensuse-kernel] 2.6.27-rc3 update
  • From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 20:22:43 -0400

Greg KH wrote:
On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 04:51:14PM -0400, Jeff Mahoney wrote:
Hi all -

After a long battle, I've just updated HEAD to 2.6.27-rc3.

A few comments:

There were significant changes in file permission calls that required a
bit of AppArmor rework. Please report any regressions you see.

Firmware blobs were added to the kernel packages. udev hasn't been
updated to locate them yet, so you may run into problems with devices
requiring the firmware blobs.

Hm, this shouldn't be the case here. Why aren't we building the
firmware into the kernel/drivers like we always have been? Otherwise we
are going to run into the versioning problems you ran into :)

CONFIG_FIRMWARE_IN_KERNEL=y is in our configs, but it looks like it's
building and installing the firmware blobs anyway.

- -Jeff

- --
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs