Re: [opensuse-kernel] where is -factory's kernel-xen *source* ?
  • From: Andreas Gruenbacher <agruen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 22:48:51 +0200
On Wednesday 21 May 2008 20:47:46 Jeff Mahoney wrote:
There is, unfortunately, no kernel-xen-source package. It's kind of a
sore spot. All the flavors, except Xen, are built from the same source
tree.

This was the case for a while in older distributions. Meanwhile, kernel-xen is
based on the same patches as all the other kernels, with the notable exception
of the real-time kernel (kernel-rt and kernel-rt_debug). For all kernels
except the real-time ones, kernel-source is the appropriate source package
(and kernel-syms contains the modversions for building KMPs, if this is what
you are after).

There are additional patches that we apply to the Xen tree, and
then build it. As a result, they're not included in the kernel-source
package.

Not anymore, luckily.

We do have a kernel-source.src.rpm that can be used to build the
appropriate source tree, though.

Yes, the kernel-source.src.rpm package contains all the patches for creating
any of our kernel source trees, even the real-time one.

Andreas