Re: [opensuse-kernel] Re: KMPs do not build on Factory i586
  • From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 11:19:19 -0400

Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 4/2/2008 at 09:30, Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 09:13:54AM +0200, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Hi everybody,

as on -buildservice, apparently nobody knows about this problem and I was
advised to bring it here: so here my question again:
Is there something wrong in Factory? The %suse_kernel_module_package seems
not to fill up $falvors_to_build anymore and thus the routing to itterate
over all flavors and build the respecting module does not work.
Anything broken at mine ? See reference below.
opensuse-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxx might even be more appropriate, since this has
the
respective kernel people.

But internally KMPs at least build.

ciao, Marcus

Marcus,

I assume by 'internally' you mean your internal abuild?
Because on OBS, it apparently is not true (ok: openSUSE:Factory has now been
disabled for some reasons).

Check out
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=novfs&project=openSUSE%3AFactory

and you'll see, even though i586 is successful, there is not a single kmp
being built !

So there must be somewhere a problem inside one of the packages... I'll open
a bug. Can you advise against what component? Kernel? (as you advised me to
bring it to the kernel list?)

Yeah, I'm not sure why Factory is disabled, but that's why your KMP is
failing. The packages were successfully built on x86_64, but not on
i586. The failure was something that would normally resolve itself, but
since the Factory is disabled, it's not happening.

- -Jeff

- --
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs