Re: [opensuse-kernel] strange as segfaults from kernel compile under 10.2
  • From: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 11:12:56 +0100

as is from binutils-2.17.50.0.5-21. Is that to be expected (the generated
kernel seems to work fine, though, but these segfaults are odd)?

I haven't seen this. But I would recommend you enable core files
(ulimit -c unlimited) and install binutils-debuginfo and then when it crashes
do a

gdb as path/to/corefile
bt

and post the output. Ideally perhaps for multiple of the crashes.
That should give a clue what file crashes and where.

-Andi