Re: [opensuse-kernel] Re: opensuse 11.0 kernel patch justification needed from you
  • From: Michael Matz <matz@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 23:37:43 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, Greg KH wrote:

I also imagine that bringing up the reiser3 xattr code will be like a
third rail, but it is what it is.

Do we have people that rely on it in our kernels? Do we want to drag it
along for 7 more years? :)

I don't see us deprecating reiser3. I don't know if the xattr patches are
necessary for xattrs to work on reiser at all, but I do know that we use
xattrs, so that too needs to continue to work.

Ciao,
Michael.