Re: [opensuse-kde3] OpenSUSE 12.2m3 and KDE3: Test Result
On Sunday 15 April 2012 20:27:47 Erik Sorenson wrote:

12.1 install here:
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/how-faq-forums/unreviewed-how-faq/472463-how-kde-3-5-12-1-a.html

I used the Factory (instead of 12.1) repos for "...KDE:/KDE3:/ ..." and "...
Hal-enabled ..." instead, of course.  All else the same, including essential
package selection.  Selected/used (legacy) Grub instead of Grub2, to avoid a
known problem with M3.

Everything seems to work normally.  DVDs and USB Thumb flashes are recognized
when inserted, Firefox browser and K3b work, as does (g)Mplayer for MP3's
and .MOVs, and I was even able to get Catalyst 12.3 working, albeit with a
couple of problems; these should go away as soon as Catalyst install routine
catches up with kernel 3.3x.

KDE:KDE3 repository has many front-ends for MPlayer: smplayer, kplayer and
kmplayer.
Thre is no need to use the Gnome front-end.