Re: [opensuse-kde3] glibc-2.14
On 03/29/2012 02:37 PM, Ilya Chernykh wrote:
On Friday 30 March 2012 01:42:01 kanenas wrote:

where can one find glibc-2.14 for suse 11.4? how about other versions?
it seems kde3 just decided it needs it:)
thanks in advance

From which repository you installed it?

Install KDE3 from a repo for 11.4

weeeeelll, there is a bit of a story on this:

this is a fresh install of 11.4, with minimal x windows, not even icewm. did the online updates, installed firefox, googled kde3 on 11.4, and just verified again that the 1 click install at
www.opensuse.org/kde3 asks for glibc 2.14. This time i looked closer and it seems that opensuse.org defaults to a 12.1 install even though 11.4 is selected. funny, because i have used this site to do 1 click installs for my venerable 11.1 (camouflaged as a sles-11-x), never had a problem before!
The other interesting thing is that yast does *not* list a kde3 community repository in 11.4, so i had to manually insert it there. now the download is proceeding at top speed.
which goes to show you...

there is *always* something:)

thanks for pointing me in the right direction:)
d.