Re: [opensuse-kde3] kmail probs in 12.1- SOLVED - not!!
On Wednesday 04 January 2012 23:29:24 kanenas wrote:

well, my saga with kmail contimues... maybe!!!
the duplicates problem started showing up on the laptop as well. once
the mysterious email from "unknown" appears, dated Wed, Dec 31 :13:59:59
1969 , containing either nothing or pieces of emails on the server,the
error messages start, typical ones are : "could not read file, invalid
response from server","the server said no such message", and the
duplicates start to roll, not on all accounts...

At any rate: the temporary(?) solution is to install thunderbird. so i
started converting my kmail folders to mbox format, to transfer my
existing emails, all 15 gigs of it. the process is 80% complete,
thunderbird is up and running,most folders have been copied, this email
is written in it, all that seems to be going rather well..
BUT NOW it seems that, when the kmail folders are in mbox format, the
corruption stops! This probably is a coincidence, the problem seems to
be parsing / communication with postfix(?), but i will keep tracking it
and post the results. also, if someone has an idea they wnat to try, i
will play, but i have not done any code since college, that's a few
decades ago...

Gmail? For the past sevral days I also got "cannot execute command LIST,
invalid response from server" but today all is ok again.