Re: [opensuse-kde3] sound and shutdown on 12.1
On Saturday 10 December 2011 10:11:47 am Erik Sorenson wrote:
On Saturday 10 December 2011 11:26:41 am Ilya Chernykh wrote:
I also have freezes on shutdown sometimes but not always.
Did you try to use sysvinit instead of systemd (F5 in Grub)?

Thanks, that did it (at least for 3 consecutive shutdown tests).
Tried first with F5 and, after that worked, installed "sysvinit-init" to
make permanent (which uninstalls systemd-sysvinit, which causes the
problem).

Thanks also to Kyrill ... yes, I did read the release notes before
installing 12.1, but it wasn't immediately intuitive to me that there was a
connection between 12.1 not shutting down completely, and systemd.

fyi, when kpowersave is installed, everything in shutdown works, including
suspend to ram and suspend to disk. an occasional problem is reconnecting to
the last wireless router on restart, once in a while the connection needs to
be manually reset even though wicd thinks the connection is there. no, never
had any luck with *any* knetworkmanager, never in kde3, never in kde4, so i
am very thankful that wicd exists...
now, can someone please add a couple of explanation phrases about this magic
sysvinit?
thanks,
d.