Re: [opensuse-kde3] KDE3 repo for 12.1
On Tuesday 22 November 2011 02:07:40 Istvan Gabor wrote:

It is very good to have KDE3 for openSUSE 12.1.
Thank you all who made this possible.

I found KDE3 repos at

Which one is for what purpose?

KDE:KDE3:HAL-enabled includes only one package - kdebase3 which was built with
hal support. The package built in KDE:KDE3 for 12.1 has hal support disabled.

Possibly I will move kdebase3 from KDE:KDE3:HAL-enabled to KDE:KDE3 under the
kdebase3-hal later.

I also saw that opensuse distribution has KDE3 kdebase3 packages as well.

Which packages should I choose?

Packages in KDE:KDE3 are generally more up to date.

The above ones or the packages in

What is the difference?

There is very little difference so far. The most notable one is that I fixed a
bug in kaffeine
which prevented it playing DVDs, the fixed package is in KDE:KDE3.