Re: [opensuse-kde3] KDE3 repo for 12.1
On Tuesday 22 November 2011 02:07:40 Istvan Gabor wrote:

It is very good to have KDE3 for openSUSE 12.1.
Thank you all who made this possible.

I found KDE3 repos at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE3/openSUSE_12.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE3:/HAL-enabled/openSUSE_12.1/

Which one is for what purpose?

KDE:KDE3:HAL-enabled includes only one package - kdebase3 which was built with
hal support. The package built in KDE:KDE3 for 12.1 has hal support disabled.

Possibly I will move kdebase3 from KDE:KDE3:HAL-enabled to KDE:KDE3 under the
name
kdebase3-hal later.

I also saw that opensuse distribution has KDE3 kdebase3 packages as well.

Yes.

Which packages should I choose?

Packages in KDE:KDE3 are generally more up to date.

The above ones or the packages in
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.1/repo/oss/suse/i586/?

What is the difference?

There is very little difference so far. The most notable one is that I fixed a
bug in kaffeine
which prevented it playing DVDs, the fixed package is in KDE:KDE3.