Re: [opensuse-kde3] Could Use Help re: KDE 3.5 on 11.4
On Friday 11 March 2011 11:52:18 am you wrote:
I cannot reproduce your problem. I just updated to 11.4 and all works well,
including kcontrol and the icon module. This is very confusing because many
people reported a similar problem.

Iiya, was it via upgradinging, or clean install?  If the former, maybe
something carried over may make it work?  I've now done about 6-7 clean
installs (Mx thru to RC2, no upgrades), and each time the two problems have
appeared.  FYI, the list of installed packages resulting from the
fairly "pure" most recent x86_64 install is here:
http://burpnrun.blogspot.com/2011/03/35on114x64.html

If you want, I can do an item-by-item compare (the 3.5/11.4_x64 list at the
above website is 916 items, my 3.5/11.3_x86 production system will be a heck
of a lot larger).  But does your observation/experience suggest (if upgrading
vs new install) that there's a file missing in my list which would make my
installs "automagically" work if included?