Re: [opensuse-kde3] Can't start KDE3 11.3
  • From: Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 19:57:47 -0400
On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Did you miss all the many threads during 11.3 development and since
describing all the trouble caused by so-called automatic X configuration in
11.3, and the retirement of SaX2? Multi display configuration in 11.3 is
totally unfriendly, and little better for any for whom automatic is fiction.
Did you not consider 11.2, which still has SaX2, and lacks the fallout from
the betaware called KMS, and its deps, on which 11.3 is built?

Yes. The point was to test to see how it would run under 11.3. 11.2
is known. If we want to see KDE3 continue, we need to find the
problems in the current system.

Next time I will do a text mode install and see what happens.