Re: [opensuse-kde] Wallpaper for new screen locking utility in KDE-4.10
  • From: šumski <hrvoje.senjan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:26:44 +0100
On Thursday 14 of February 2013 09:33:33 Christian Reiner wrote:
Hi all,
KDE-4.10 brings a new utility to lock the screen. It is a complete
reimplementation to solve issues with reliability. Works fine for me so far,
so I like it.
That utility uses a background/wallpaper and I am unable to change it.
Before the release it was written in numerous discussions that the utility
will use the configured theme to decide about hte wallpaper. However this
appears not to be the case. The wallpaper in use apepars to be independant
of the configured desktop theme.

So my question is: how/where can I configure the wallpaper/background used
by that new lock screen utility in KDE-4.10?
A terribe workaround would be to modify
/usr/share/kde4/apps/ksmserver/screenlocker/org.kde.passworddialog/contents/ui/main.qml
file.
Changing
- source: theme.wallpaperPathForSize(parent.width, parent.height)
+ source: "1920x1080.jpg"
and adding picture named 1920x1080.jpg in
/usr/share/kde4/apps/ksmserver/screenlocker/org.kde.passworddialog/contents/ui/
dir, would change the wallpaper for locker only, but this obviosly can't be
used on distro level, and would be overwritten on upgrades.
arkascha