Re: [opensuse-kde] How to turn off touchpad when typing
On Thursday, October 25, 2012 08:53:46 PM Martin Schlander wrote:
Torsdag den 25. oktober 2012 13:26:09 skrev Ricardo Chung:
On Thursday, October 25, 2012 08:04:59 PM Martin Schlander wrote:
Torsdag den 25. oktober 2012 15:43:17 skrev Oddball:
Op 25-10-12 14:25, Vojtěch Zeisek schreef:
in openSUSE 12.1, KDE 4.7-4.9 I set up touchpad to be turned off
automatically when typing. I'm not able to find such possibility in
openSUSE 12.2 with KDE 4.9. And it is very annoying - often I
accidentally touch the touchpad when typing and then I write
somewhere
else than I wished. ;-)
Best regards,
Vojtěch

I agree, the option is gone from synaptics config menu.
Annoying it is most.

The option is accesible via the synaptiks systray icon. Run 'synaptiks'
start it. It is correct that the option is _not_ available in
systemsettings.

It has been like that since synaptiks 0.8.x was introduced in 11.4 iirc.
So
nothing new about that.

Synaptiks systray icon doesn't exist on mine. Do you know how to add it?

Make sure the package 'synaptiks' is installed. Press alt+f2 and run
'synaptiks'.

Now the synaptiks tray icon will be running, but it might be hidden, so try
clicking on the little arrow in the systray to show hidden tray icons.

Martin, thanks.

Indeed Synaptiks was installed. No systray icon was present at that moment. It
was because I couldn't deactivate touchpad when typing.

Your advice help me to look forward. KDE Kickoff Application | Openning on All
Applications->System Configuration->Synaptiks. Open Synaptiks Touchpad
Management | Automatically Switch off touchpad on keyboard activity (Checkbox)

Optional to drag Synaptiks to systray. So a link is created for future setting
changes.

Best wishes,
--
Ricardo Chung | Panama