[opensuse-kde] Changes to the KDE Repositories
The last few weeks there was a discussion on the mailinglist with regards to
the existance of KDE:Distro:Stable and it's function.

During the last KDE team meeting (last week Wednesday), this topic was
discussed and the following was agreed:

1) If the maintenance team agrees, then we will provide minor updates
(e.g.
4.9.x releases) through the normal update channel for the openSUSE releases.
The repository from where these updates are delivered is the corresponding
KDE:Release:xy repo.

2) If the maintenance team agrees to point 1, then the repository
KDE:Distro:Stable no longer has a function nor reason to keept it. Therefore
this repository will be deleted.

3) The remaining repositories (KRxy, KDF and KUSC) will be build against
lesser openSUSE targets. This to reduce the load on OBS and also due to
required changes it is sometimes impossible to keep a newer release building
on an older release. The target is to support a maximum of 2 openSUSE releases
(current and current-1). For KDF and KUSC this would mean to support Factory
and the current release). This leads to the following:

KDE:Release:46 Build for openSUSE 11.4
KDE:Release:47 Build for openSUSE 12.1 and openSUSE 11.4
KDE:Release:48 Build for openSUSE 12.2 and openSUSE 12.1
KDE:Releaes:49 Build for openSUSE 12.2 and openSUSE 12.1
KDE:Distro:Factory Build for Factory and openSUSE 12.2
KDE:Unstable:SC Build for Factory and openSUSE 12.2

This coming Tuesday the above schedule will be activated. At first we will
disable the build for the "to-be dropped" targets and about 1 week later we
will delete the targets from the above repositories.

Currently builds in KDE:Release:49 and KDE:Distro:Factory have been disabled
as that we are preparing for the upcoming KDE 4.9.2 release.

Regards

Raymond