Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE SC 4.8.4 packages (warning)
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 08:19:47 +0100
On Wednesday 20 Jun 2012 10:01:34 con.hennessy@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,
I'm not so clear on the status of KR48. Have all issues been resolved ?
(I'd especially like to know if kmail is usable - or at least as usable as
4.8.3).

Thanks,
CPH

On Sun 10 Jun 2012 and Sven Burmeister wrote:
Hi!

Just a small warning that you might want to wait a few days before
updating
to KDE SC 4.8.4, since there seem to be some genuine issues with the
version – apart from the half broken but published anyway KR48 11.4 repo.

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=133932214908691&w=2

I did not want to blog this since it would appear on planetkde.org, but
you
might want to spread the warning in order to avoid frustrated users.

Sven

For me, Kmail works occasionally since the update. Sometimes it crashes as
soon as it accesses a folder in my list or it crashes trying to view a message
or just crashes as soon as it displays itself.

But today it seems to work. I did log a bug for the folder access crash as it
was closed by Laurent the same day as "already fixed", just not sure if the
fix had reached the opensuse RPMs.

As its worked today, lets hope it keeps working.

regards
Ian