Re: [opensuse-kde] Re: Text file won't print
Bob Williams said the following on 04/22/2012 09:29 AM:
On 22/04/12 11:41, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2012-04-22 10:55, Bob Williams wrote:
My reason for wanting to print out this script is to aid my learning of
perl. Sometimes I prefer to look at a printout that I can draw lines on,
doodle my thoughts etc.

Well, you have to print it from non kde tools, or from the command line.

How frustrating that I have to use Adobe Reader, rather than opensource
software :(

There *are* open source tools which will render PDF (and manipulate PDF
files).

On top of everything I try to use FoxIt
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/desklinux/
Its not FOSS and it won't render some fringe cases but its lightweight
and VERY fast though it has shortcomings (like lack of configuration,
inability to remember last save directory...)

Have you tried:

okular
inkscape
evince (and gpdf)
xpdf
xournal
safari - has support for PDF
and one day, sumatra
http://forums.fofou.org/sumatrapdf/topic?id=2600327

--
Aviation is not so much a profession as it is a disease.