Re: [opensuse-kde] upnp and kdelibs
  • From: todd rme <toddrme2178@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:34:03 +0200
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* todd rme <toddrme2178@xxxxxxxxx> [04-13-12 08:06]:
On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

upnp is available via minidlna with kdelibs4-4.8.1
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=home:buschmann23&package=minidlna

I am able to stream music/video to/from my computer and atrix android
phone.  I did not try files.

That sounds useful, any chance of submitting it to an official repo
like multimedia:libs?

You might ask the owner of "home:buschmann23".  I don't know if he reads
here.

btw: xbmc also provides upnp interface.

I know. The issue here is KDE's built-in upnp client, which is
currently disabled in openSUSE. I am trying to figure out how to
enable it. upnp servers are an entire different issue.

-Todd