Re: [opensuse-kde] Re: [opensuse-kde3] How to get Device Notifier working for CD's & DVD's
On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 5:19 AM, Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Saturday 07 April 2012 17:22:26 Maurice wrote:
On 2012-04-07 at 21:40 Ilya said:
run kcontrol -> peripherals -> storage media -> advanced ->
check/uncheck autostart

  Was already x'd (i.e. enabled).

Hello,

I have been following this thread carefully because I have the exact same
problem as Maurice,     SuSE 12.1, KDE 3.5.10.  Also tried all of the
instructions with no result.

I can insert a camera card into my card reader and it brings up Device
Notifier as does a variety of USB devices. (external hard drive, mp3 player
etc.) The only thing that does not is a CD or DVD when inserted. I can,
however, play a movie or listed to an audio CD by opening a appropriate
application, or rip a CD or DVD with K3B.

I notice in Control Center > Peripherals >  Media > Acvanced that there are
two grayed out lines above the autostart line/checkbox that seem tohave
something to do with HAL but an not sure. Is that correct?

I have been living with this sice 12.1 camee out but this is not the wayit
should work and is very frustrating.  Since Maurice and I have the identical
problem there must be others too.

Not sure whether my issue is related or not.
I have an Android phone with 2 SD cards (internal and external).
When I run 11.4/KDE3 and connect this phone to USB cable, I see popups
and then icons for both cards.
When I run 12.1/KDE3 on the same computer and connect the phone, I can
only see the popup and the icon for one (external) card. Well, 11.4 is
32bit version and 12.1 is 64bit version, but I believe this should
not make a difference?

Regards,
--
Mark Goldstein