[opensuse-kde] KDE:Unstable:Playground:Telepathy ready for testing
  • From: Christophe Giboudeaux <cgiboudeaux@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:58:43 +0200
Hi,

During the last meeting, the decision was made to create a
KDE:Unstable:Playground:Telepathy repository.

As the name suggests, it contains the unstable KDE-Telepathy packages. I'll
remove the packages currently in KDE:Unstable:Playground in a couple days.

QA:

1/ Why creating another repository ?

- The reason is quite simple: the KDE Telepathy code needs some packages that
are not available in Opensuse < 12.2. The dependencies were fixed by linking
some packages from the OpenSUSE:Factory repository.

The consequence is that enabling this new repository *may* break your Gnome
Installation if you have one.

The following packages were linked:
- farstream,
- gstreamer-0_10( + plugins-base & plugins-bad),
- mjpegtools,
- pidgin,
- telepathy-farstream,
- telepathy-glib,
- telepathy-logger

Note that you may prefer the Packman repository for the GStreamer packages.

2/ Why aren't there 11.4 packages ?

- The dependencies were almost unable to meet, really.
More packages would have been linked, namely: libnice, librdf, vala, glib2 >
2.30, GCC 4.6 and probably more.

3/ How to enable this repository ?

- I just updated http://en.opensuse.org/KDE_repositories, the modifications
might take a couple hours/days to appear.

4/ What should I install ?

- There is a meta package that will install the base packages. Just install
"telepathy-kde".

Additionally, you may install the following packages:
- ktp-call-ui,
- ktp-ssh-contact

5/ Will there be stable packages ?

Yes. Our goal is to have the KDE-telepathy packages in OpenSUSE 12.2.
KDE:Distro:Factory will host the stable packages when KDE-Telepathy 0.4 is
out.

6/ How to report issues ?

Use https://bugs.kde.org for any other issue.

Have fun !