[opensuse-kde] KDE failed to start after upgrade to 12.1
  • From: Pavel Baranchikov <pavel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:14:41 +0400
Hello.

After upgrading from openSuSE 11.3 to 12.1, I have problems, launching
KDE. KDM appears well, I enter the password and in a few seconds kde crashes.
The log of the crash follows.
I tried both openSuSE embeded KDE version and one gained from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Release:/48/openSUSE_12.1/.

If I start the simple termital (xterm) instead of KDE, I can run
ksmserver , all the KDE staff starts OK.

------8<-------------------------------
pavel@pavel-note:~> cat .xsession-errors
/etc/X11/xim: Checking whether an input method should be started.
sourcing /etc/sysconfig/language to get the value of INPUT_METHOD
INPUT_METHOD is not set or empty (no user selected input method).
Trying to start a default input method for the locale ru_RU.UTF-8 ...
There is no default input method for the current locale.
Dummy input method "none" (do not use any fancy input method by default)
gpg-agent[2349]: enabled debug flags: assuan
startkde: Starting up...
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication.
Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication.
Application may misbehave.
kbuildsycoca4 running...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/bin/kded4 from kdeinit
kded(2475): Communication problem with "kded" , it probably crashed.
Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not
receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication.
Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication.
Application may misbehave.
KCrash: Application 'kded4' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib64/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kded(2481): Communication problem with "kded" , it probably crashed.
Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not
receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

kdeinit4: (ksmserver /usr/bin/ksmserver) Pipe closed unexpectedlykdeinit4:
Pipe closed unexpectedly: Слишком длинный список аргументов
KInit could not launch 'ksmserver'.
startkde: Could not start ksmserver. Check your installation.

Pipe closed unexpectedly: Слишком длинный список аргументов
Is probably translated as
Pipe closed unexpectedly: Argument list too long

--

Best regards,
Pavel Baranchikov,