Re: [opensuse-kde] Problems adding Google Calendar resources to Kontact
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 04:33:33 Jan Ritzerfeld wrote:
Am Montag, 13. Februar 2012, 15:37:14 schrieb Rodney Baker:
I have installed libgcal and akonadi-googledata but every time I attempt
to add an Akonadi Google Calendar resource, as soon as I enter the
username and password Akonadi returns with an "Invalid Password" error
and fails to connect.
Searching the 'net shows that this also affects other distributions so
I've raised an upstream bug #293963.

Upstream KDE? Since there is this akonadi-googledata bug that helped me and
that sounds similar to your problem:

Thanks, Jan. Unfortunately I've been there, tried all that with no success.
(Well, having said that, all but checking for proxy settings via environment
variables). I believe it is still a bug and probably upstream, since it
affects not just openSuSE. Restarting akonadi does not solve it - although the
resouce shows as "online" as soon as Kontact tries to use it the same error

Thanks for the pointer, anyway. I'll go digging a bit further to make sure
that the proxy is *really* disabled when I tell KDE that it should be.

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV