Re: [opensuse-kde] Problems adding Google Calendar resources to Kontact
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 04:33:33 Jan Ritzerfeld wrote:
Am Montag, 13. Februar 2012, 15:37:14 schrieb Rodney Baker:
[...]
I have installed libgcal and akonadi-googledata but every time I attempt
to add an Akonadi Google Calendar resource, as soon as I enter the
username and password Akonadi returns with an "Invalid Password" error
and fails to connect.
[...]
Searching the 'net shows that this also affects other distributions so
I've raised an upstream bug #293963.

Upstream KDE? Since there is this akonadi-googledata bug that helped me and
that sounds similar to your problem:
http://code.google.com/p/libgcal/issues/detail?id=55

Gruß
Jan

Thanks, Jan. Unfortunately I've been there, tried all that with no success.
(Well, having said that, all but checking for proxy settings via environment
variables). I believe it is still a bug and probably upstream, since it
affects not just openSuSE. Restarting akonadi does not solve it - although the
resouce shows as "online" as soon as Kontact tries to use it the same error
occurs.

Thanks for the pointer, anyway. I'll go digging a bit further to make sure
that the proxy is *really* disabled when I tell KDE that it should be.

Regards,
Rodney.