[opensuse-kde] Re: [opensuse-kde3] media notifier in KDE3, opensuse 12.1
On Saturday 11 February 2012 10:51:28 Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

I have installed openSUSE 12.1 with KDE3 on a new computer.
The installed KDE3 packages are:
kdebase3 packages from the hal-enabled repo, other KDE3 packages from
the KDE3 repo.

Almost everything works perfectly except of media notifier:
After the first login (following a boot) the media notifier
does not start. If I insert a USB pendrive or DVD, there is no
response in KDE, KDE media notifier window does not open and
the medium is not mounted.
dmesg shows that the given media is recognized by the system.

If I log out and log in again as the same user (without rebooting),
and insert the media thereafter, the media notifier works,
the window opens and the medium is mounted in /media.

What can be the problem and how could I fix it?

Istvan,

I also have the same problem on 12.1 and KDE3. If what Ilya says fixes it
please post it here, I am unable to find hal in Yast.

Bob S