Re: [opensuse-kde] Broken old software [was: A little news on the KDE/Ubuntu side of things]
On 08/02/12 11:18, Rajko M. wrote:
On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 16:14:04 -0500
Felix Miata<mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It doesn't matter what is your agent.
Even in pre utf-8 times mail agent that forced users to switch trough
few code pages to find right one couldn't be considered well designed.

Ummmm, could be just a bit of an overstatement here, Rajko :-) . Thunderbird, which is now at version 10, gives one the choice of using any number of character sets, including ISO 8859-1 - and I don't think that you could argue that Thunderbird is not "well designed" :-) .

BTW, SM Mail here is using the default SeaMonkey charset: Western
(iso-8859-1?; not utf-8), which normally is suitable for English
language mailing lists ...
UTF-8 is used for English too, and with Linux it is default,

Is it really the default? I didn't know.

There are at least 2 people posting here - and one of them I believe is an openSUSE employee using their internal mail system :-) - who don't use UTF-8.

so Warp
4 version of SeaMonkey is not suitable even for English mail lists as it
has buggy handling of "Content-Type:" field. Which is not a big deal if
user comes on idea to check encoding before posting complaint.

Idea to follow new development, even on distance of few versions, is not
that bad.

With this I agree.

BC

--