Re: [opensuse-kde] 12.2 planning
Am Mittwoch 11 Januar 2012, 13:52:00 schrieb todd rme:

7. Menu-in-titlebar. I don't know the state of this. There are
supposed to be patches for both Qt and Gnome to support this, but I
don't know if they have been officially accepted upstream. If not we
should make sure they are included, and offer the corresponding KDE
window decoration as a package (although not the default IMHO).

Qt 4.8 has Aurelien's patch to make the menu implementation plugin-based.
The things still needed are appmenu-qt, a special window decoration is still
required, as is a special Plasma applet if one whats to use a global menu bar.

As for GNOME/GTK support: As far as I'm aware, everything needed is already in
the GNOME/Ayatana repo.
I tried to use Unity from that repo but Compiz crashes on my setup, so no idea
if the GTK part actually works.

Markus