Re: [opensuse-kde] Huge Drop In Responsiveness In 12.1 RC1
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:34:26 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2011, 12:27:30 schrieb Malvern Star:
iotop was initially (shortly after login) constantly showing a value of
around 3.5 to 3.9 M/s for "Total DISK WRITE".

And which app is causing it?

This ended shortly
afterwards and it showed 0.00 B/s for both read and write while I dragged
around the various windows, however responsiveness remained very low.

Do you have nepomuk enabled? Also check packagekit, sometimes it keeps
spawning and using CPU then terminating and restarting again.

top however shows Xorg using up to 100% CPU when I drag windows around.
Is that normal? I suppose I can try comparing it to the Beta...

Comparing would definitely help. If Xorg uses a lot of CPU it seems that the
GPU is not doing its job and the CPU has to help out.

With wobbly windows and moving them around I do not get the high usage on my
intel notebook.

Sven