Re: [opensuse-kde] Kontact update and migration in 12.1
On Sunday 16 October 2011 22:47:46 Will Stephenson wrote:
This thread is to collect issues arising around Kontact from upgrading 11.4
to 12.1 with its newer KDEPIM. I just tried 11.4 -> KDF (4.7.2) in a VM
with my 4 imap accounts and got

* Duplicate Personal Contacts
* Broken Personal Calendar resource

I'll call GIGO on these two, before repeating the test I saw that these were
already broken in my 4.6.0 on 11.4.

* Broken Local Folders resource (the one that causes kmail to assert on
startup...)

This was also broken in the original state, but I did some more research and
notice that the maildir resource did not save its state on logout, therefore I
assume this brokenness is everywhere and the migrator needs to take it into
account. Unfortunately in 4.7 and 4.8, the resource does not detect its
broken config on startup, so kmail-migrator in 4.7 cannot detect and correct
the problem in the overall config it inherits from 4.6. I've created a patch
to do this (bko#284224).

Will