Re: [opensuse-kde] Clementine replacing Amarok?
On Tuesday, September 06, 2011 11:53:14 AM John McInnes wrote:
On 09/06/2011 08:19 AM, phanisvara das wrote:
probably a question of what one got used to. those who used amarok 1.4
a lot may experience some sort of 'culture shock,' since the interface
changed a lot. others (like me) who didn't use the earlier version
much, have less trouble. if that's true, having amarok as default and
clementine as an option makes sense, since long time users are more
likely to know about the alternative and can easier implement it.

Yeah thats true, Amarok <= 1.4 was great. Really the best music player
for a long time. Then the new Amarok came out... just horrible UI. I
switched to Clementine.

I don't mind if Amarok is default, so long as I can find Clementine
easily. Currently it's in packman.

-johnm
I just worry about people trying to transition from Windows. I do repairs and
such, and I offer very steep discounts in service for switching to Linux from
Windows. So even though I will show them something, the computer illiterate
will forget how to use a mouse from time to time. Amarok is not intuitive,
does not follow any usual convention in music players.