Re: [opensuse-kde] Re: Missing dependencies list
  • From: todd rme <toddrme2178@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 15:12:15 +0200
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Ismail Donmez <idoenmez@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/04/2011 03:03 PM, todd rme wrote:

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Ismail Donmez<idoenmez@xxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hi;
On 08/04/2011 10:43 AM, todd rme wrote:

libmms:  Used by kdnetwork and kradio.  Needed to build KGet mms
support.  This is currently available from packman.

openjpeg: Free library for JPEG 2000 image compression.  Required by
the Krita JPEG 2000 filter.  This is currently available from
packman.

These likely have patent issues.  Has anyone checked with legal to
confirm this?  Apparently using the packman headers is not possible.
Maybe someone should talk to the developers about making it so these
can be installed separately, like k3b codecs, if this isn't already
possible.  Then they can be distributed in packman.

I'll check the patent status.

libmms&  openjpeg are good to go.

Do you mean they have already been submitted, or are you asking me to
submit them?  And do you mean the full libraries, or just the headers.

Full packages can be submitted, as I said a good libmms package already
exists. openjpeg one is more confusing because there seems to be an
openjpeg2 variant.

Both libraries should be submitted to devel:libraries:c_c++ and then to
Factory. Then we can branch in KDF.

Regards.

Are you sure they wouldn't be better in multimeda:libs?

-Todd