Re: [opensuse-kde] Replace Oxygen theme with QTCurve
On 26/05/11 21:28, Roger Luedecke wrote:
I have found that QTCurve is vastly more impressive. Theming with QtCurve
produces a much much more integrated feel between KDE and GTK apps. The
extreme degree of versatility in configuration makes it a virtual theme
creator. I have also found, that it seems to handle dark themes (ie. Wonton
Soup or Obsidian) much more gracefully, actually allowing one to have a
functional experience with dark themes. As many of you know, this has been a
strong criticism of aesthetics in KDE.

Example of Oxygen shortcoming in GTK arena is clear for anyone that uses
firefox, as it does not maintain the background gradient, whereas QtCurve
does.

In future distributions I think we should include and set as default QtCurve.
The beauty and integration is sure to wow those new to KDE and openSUSE. "You
only have once to make a good first impression." Possibly the Agua2 theme with
a gentle green color scheme.

Since you bring up Firefox, try this, it allows all sorts of clever stuff including gradients:
http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Oxygen+KDE+%28Firefox+Theme%29?content=117962

I can't tell if you are suggesting changing only the GTK styling or KDE+GTK -- if it is KDE+GTK, oxygen is the upstream default for KDE, there would have to be
very strong reasons for changing.

and IMO oxygen + oxygen-gtk + oxygen themes for mozilla apps looks great.

Tejas