Re: [opensuse-kde] Tags don't move together with files
* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [05-13-11 07:55]:

I don't use gwenview to tag/manage photos, but will run a test later today
when I have graphical access to my photo processing machine and report.

Does gwenview alter the file when tagging, or add a "sidecar" file, or
generate "thumb" files containing the tags, or ....
?

I tagged a group of photos within gwenview and then moved them. The tags
did not survive the move. Moving them back to the original directory did
not restore the tags.

Tagged them again w/gwenview and used gwenview to move the files with the
same result. Gwenview retained the tag within it's own perview but it was
not associated with the photos.

sounds like time for a bug report or feature request. Will you file?