Re: [opensuse-kde] Tags don't move together with files
* Richard Bos <rbos@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [05-13-11 06:44]:
At woensdag 11 mei 2011 23:29:09 wrote Richard:
I encountered the following situation; I tagged a whole bunch of photos in
gwenview, which works nicely. However the photos are located at a
temporarely location, so they had to be moved. Moving the files is very
easy of course, but when moving the files (via the command line, using
'mv') the tags did not move together with the files. As such I moved the
files back to their original position and now the tags are shown again.

As Dolphin is also capable to show the tags, I tried to copy the files
with Dolphin, which again worked nicely of course, but still the tags did
not move.

Is it possible to move (nepomuk tagged) files, one way or the other, and
have the tags move together with the files?

Is there no one, that know whether it should be possible to move tagged files
including their tags? No suggestion either?

I don't use gwenview to tag/manage photos, but will run a test later today
when I have graphical access to my photo processing machine and report.

Does gwenview alter the file when tagging, or add a "sidecar" file, or
generate "thumb" files containing the tags, or ....
?