Re: [opensuse-kde] Why, when qtcurve crashes, do I lose my *plasma* settings?
On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 2:33 AM, Martin Schlander
<martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lørdag den 19. februar 2011 03:12:43 skrev Jon Nelson:
I was fiddling qtcurve settings a bit tonight.
It's absolutely lovely, except when it crashes it takes *everything* with
it. Big huge crash with dozens of crash windows.

What surprises me is not the crash (annoying) but rather the fact that
when I log back in my plasma desktop settings are *gone*.
How is it that when KDE apps crash they sometimes take their config
with them? I can't even tell you how many times I've lost KDE config
(usually plasma desktop related) when something goes tilt. This has
been an on-going issue since I first started using KDE4, around 4.2 or
4.3.

I'm running KDE 4.6.0 from KR 46 on openSUSE 11.3

Do you lose _all_ your plasma settings? ...or just the changes you made in the
running session? The latter would be normal.

No, I lost settings made weeks and even months ago.

Other than that I've never lost any configuration. It would be interesting to
see if you'd back up some configuration files, and compare the backup with
current file, _after_ on of these crashes.

The "new" config files are as though the old ones had been deleted and
re-created.

--
Jon