[opensuse-kde] Bug strategy
Heya,

11.4 is comming up quickly and there will be no general branch update for kde,
so it's single bug fixing, they won't disappear by a sudden rush of changes
anymore. The 11.4 release will propably see another increase again.

So in the last meeting I raised a question how we could get better bug triage
coverage especially validating bugs and finding possible upstream bug fixes.

Bille had the idea of dedicated bug search querries and people who will cover
them to increase the chance to gain knowledge in this area, the best example
might be kdepim, validating a range of kmail bugs to upstream reports will be
faster then switching from an okular crash to a plasma graphical glitch to a
power munching kded process.
This would include a general splitting up into groups:
pim, workspace, defaults, random-apps

Most important is finding out about upstream reports and possible patches,
these save a ton of time and can be applied quickly, spotting regular
reporters and inviting them into #opensuse-kde might be a good idea as well to
get them about the team.

There is a opensuse bug hunt on sunday
http://news.opensuse.org/2011/02/16/open-bugs-day-on-sunday-the-20th-of-
february/
It's 5 days before rc2 so it's a good time to find necessary upstream patches,
test them in KDF and push to Factory before the deadline.
(I'll have a very long saturday in Dresden so I hope I'll be fit to join)

On the other hand timely handling incoming bugs helps keeping the bugreporters
reporting bugs and getting required information that's often forgotten (the
usual log files for example)
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Bug_Screening_KDE#Bugreport_organization_in_bugzilla

explains a good way to screen the incoming stuff.

Any comments on the issue? Other ideas? Am I making a fuzz about a non-
problem?

Regards,
Karsten