Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE 4.6.0 sys tray icons so ugly
On 02/05/2011 12:02 PM, todd rme wrote:
On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 02/05/2011 11:50 AM, todd rme wrote:

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 02/04/2011 06:00 PM, C wrote:

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 23:40, Jon Nelson wrote:

I would really like to see an installable (packaged!) theme for both
white and colorful icons, and let the users choose. The fact that the
topic *does* keep coming up is, in my opinion, evidence enough that
people are going to want the choice. Before openSUSE 11.4 ships,
preferably. Otherwise, people are going to feel that choices contrary
to their preferences have been made for them and many won't find a
reasonable means of recourse.

To be perfectly clear - I have no intent on being insulting (and if I
have been, it has been by accident!). I know how hard it is to try to
please everybody - but this *does* seem to be one of the most
contentious issues of KDE 4.5 and 4.6, and I humbly request that the
*option* for colorful icons be made available in an easy-to-install
form (and by this I mean fully packaged RPMs in the KDE repository).

I agree, it would be nice if it was user selectable... a toggle in the
options would be the nicest from a user standpoint - has anyone opened
a bug/feature request for this on kde.org? (I haven't looked for a
solution since the icon colors don't matter to me)

It would also be great if it was an "extra" installable RPM for
openSUSE - an added value feature :-) Time for an openFATE for this?
Or someone could volunteer to maintain the package for openSUSE
11.4....

Just adding to the suggestion here.

C.

I had suggested that we have a toggle feature in either on the panel
several months ago.

However, the consensus was white icons.

Can we not add this option in systemsettings?

First, as I keep saying, the icons are determined by the theme. Why
do we need a toggle when someone can just change the theme? I think
the developers would say, rightly in my opinion, that this is
something that would should be handled by the theme, not by a checkbox
in the settings.

Second, it would be a per-system tray setting, so it would be in the
system tray settings, not in system settings.

-Todd

Forgot about that.
Adding this feature in the systray?

What is wrong with just using the plasma theme to handle this?

-Todd

You're correct. The plasma theme should handle this. Come to think of it
Aaron Asiego was writing about it in his blog.

That was way back in 4.0 days.

Roman