Re: [opensuse-kde] New phonon release, tells us not to use xine
Op vrijdag 21 januari 2011 21:52:26 schreef todd rme:
A new phonon version is now out:

[...]

Either way, should we change the default backend to gstreamer (or VLC
if it is moved)?

I understand vlc and gstreamer are the future and xine-backend is no longer
maintained. But the choice for the default should in my opinion be based on
the functionality for the user. For me a reason to stay with xine is that the
equalizer in amarok is not working with vlc and gstreamer, but it is working
with xine. That is the only difference I can see between the backends, so I
say we stay with the xine-backend for now.

Greetings,

Cor