Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE 4.5 Stable Repo
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:46:33 +0200
On Tuesday 24 August 2010 01:00:49 Javier Llorente wrote:
Hi Will,

Thanks for getting this started.

On Lunes, 23 de Agosto de 2010 08:43:15 Will Stephenson escribió:
This is to hammer out the details of the stable KDE 4.5 repo

a) Naming

I don't think this should go under top level KDE: since we will have
other versions. Perhaps KDE:SC:45 or KDE:Release:45?

KDE:SC:45 sounds as it KDE:Unstable:SC should be named
"KDE:SC:Unstable" :-P

Anyways, I like KDE:SC:45.
What about openSUSE patches in this repo?

Should be present, we are not maintaining 2 completely distinct KDE
packagings, just separating publishings of one for stability.

a.a) Open-PC repo

Since at some point we will no longer need KDE:SC:45, but I assume Open-

PC

will need to still have it for the livecycle of the product, I suggest
that Open-PC creates a second repo under their namespace that is a
symlink (Adrian can do this) to KDE:SC:45. When we EOL KDE:SC:45, we can

replace

the symlink with its contents and Open-PC users see no interruption.

So spins:open-pc:kde (for instance) could point at the KDE 4.5 repo and
once it's EOL'ed, it could be changed to point at the appropriate repo
containing the the latest stable release of KDE.

In other words: spins:open-pc:kde -> KDE:SC:45 and KDE:SC:45 -> KDF (not
always, only good builds).
Maybe it's better to have separate repos; ie: spins:open-pc:kde45 and
spins:open-pc:kde46

That's up to you.

b) How to implement it

Fixed link revs with osc setlinkrev seem to be the obvious solution but
there is a bug with this - when the linked-to repo submits to its
upstream (openSUSE:Factory) and is synced back to o:F, the existing
links break. I need to check this out with Adrian; Lubos has shown me
how to reproduce this.

In the meantime linking everything to KDF and disabling build/publish
once there is a known good build should be sufficient

OK. Why don't we vote for the name and start working on it? :-)

Ok by me.

My vote is for KDE:SC:45.

Will

--
Will Stephenson, KDE Developer, openSUSE Boosters Team