Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE 4.5 Stable Repo
  • From: upscope <upscope@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 08:45:34 -0700
On Monday, August 23, 2010 02:44:59 am Markus Slopianka wrote:
On Monday 23 August 2010 08:43:15 Will Stephenson wrote:
This is to hammer out the details of the stable KDE 4.5 repo

a) Naming

I don't think this should go under top level KDE: since we will
have other versions. Perhaps KDE:SC:45 or KDE:Release:45?

KDE:Release:45 sounds good IMO, especially considering that it also
contains bits that are not part of the Software Colletion and just
built on top of the 4.5 release of the KDE Platform (Amarok and K3b
come to mind).

a.a) Open-PC repo

Since at some point we will no longer need KDE:SC:45, but I assume
Open-PC will need to still have it for the livecycle of the
product, I suggest that Open-PC creates a second repo under their
namespace that is a symlink (Adrian can do this) to KDE:SC:45.
When we EOL KDE:SC:45, we can replace the symlink with its
contents and Open-PC users see no interruption.

Why not let the Open-PC people maintain the 45 repo directly?

Markus
+1
--
upscope